BCCI Apex Council meeting is scheduled to take place on Friday, July 17 via teleconference. IPL 2020 and domestic cricket schedule are the priority on the agenda. Other agenda includes rescheduling of England series of India in September.
BCCI (Board of Control for Cricket in India) is also exploring all options to host the 13th season of Indian Premier League (IPL 2020). With Sri Lanka and UAE offered to host the IPL 2020, BCCI can also discuss on the venue.
“As of now, nothing has been decided. We are watching the situation very closely and keeping track as far as hosting of the IPL is concerned. We are exploring all options and some countries have offered to hold IPL, UAE as well. But we will wait and watch and will speak to the government as well. We will do whatever is in the best interest of the country and cricket, will discuss in IPL GC,” the source told ANI.
Reports were surfacing of BCCI is planning to host 6-week national camp in UAE ahead of IPL 2020.
“I have decided nothing as of now and we can’t decide it so easily. Whatever is in the media is speculation. We are looking where to hold IPL and accordingly we will take a call on camp as well,” he added.
Agenda for Friday:
- IPL – Way forward
- Domestic cricket schedules
- FTP – Rescheduling of the England home series for February 2021
- Tax exemption certificates mandatory for hosting the T20 World Cup in India
- NCA facility in Bengaluru
- Extension of contract for BCCI & IPL digital platforms
- Bihar Cricket Association’s administrative mess
- Appointment of new staff in the BCCI
- Procedure to appoint new CEO after Rahul Johri’s resignation
- Payments to NE states
- Discussion on Tender for Apparel Partnership.